We Have Moved

We have moved to www.redrobinchronicles.com A new space, new look, same great taste. Book mark the new site as we will no longer add content to this one.

Thanks,
Otter, Spike, S.R.

Can't We All Just Get Along - No, No We Can't

I had a lengthy drive today. It was a three and a half hour drive along the New York State Thruway. When you have driven that route as many times as I have, the scenery of cows, swamps, and trees grows old. I find myself flipping through the radio dial listening to the cartoonish ranting of the right and left.


I don’t have to tell you that election time has the airwaves a’ buzzing with inflammatory rhetoric.

For the life of me I can’t recall the station I was on, I am not sure if I was listening to the blathering of Hannity, or the odium oratory of CNN radio. I happen to stumble across an advertisement from the National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA).


This 60 second spot had me seething and yelling at my radio like a loon.
Here it is, take a listen.
http://www.aricherlife.org/docs/NFHA_ParallelLives_60_NO_SF.mp3

You have got to be kidding me right? Not only is this not accounting for the concepts of White flight, ghettos, ethnic communities, black on White crime, human nature of tribalism, and brazenly misleading, it is literally accusing Whites of ignorance and lack of minoroity sensitivity laced with a tone of racism.

The “minority” in the ad says “ brought (diverse neighbors)something different to the party”, “They introduced me to different tastes, different ideas, and different ways of doing things”, “my neighborhood got more interesting and it definitely helped shape my way of doing things”, yeah gang rape, murder, drugs, and robbery. This could be mistaken for a comedic sketch. Someone needs to animate this clip.

I will dig deeper into the NFHA in days to come. They are located in DC, I am betting dollars to doughnuts there is tax payer funding somewhere in there. I dropped them a line to express my concern, let’s see if they get back to me. Don’t hold your collective well diversified breathe.

National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA)
http://www.nationalfairhousing.org/
and
http://www.aricherlife.org/